This course is created and taught by Lucien, instructor at Lincroft Music.
I designed this course to educate guitar players to learn, play and fully understand barre chords. Students will learn how to first read chord grids, strumming patterns and then move on to exercises developed to prepare for the barre chord journey. Once the preparations are executed, students move on to learn the barre chords of the most used families: Major, Minor, Dominant 7th, Minor 7th and Major 7th each in their section of the course. Each section has chord strumming patterns and chord progressions designed for each family of chords. At the end of each section, students have the opportunity to work their barre chord skills in the ultimate goal of playing along with a recorded backing track with the instructor at full tempo. This is the ultimate achievement of each section of the course. Students will walk away from this course with the knowledge of not only barre chords but how to read chord grids and chord charts; a must for guitar players of any level.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- How to successfully play barre chords on the 6th & 5th string roots of the most used chord families: Major, Minor, Dominant 7th, Minor 7th and Major 7th
- How to read chord charts and play chord rhythms using barre chords
- How to play popular song progressions using barre chords
- Understand how barre chords are situated on the guitar fretboard
- Be able to play along to backing tracks, up to tempo, along with the instructor
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Guitar players that always wanted to learn barre chords but were hesitant because of never understanding how to take the first steps
- Guitar players who need to understand barre chords and how they are positioned on the guitar fretboard
- Beginner guitar players interested in learning barre chords for the first time
- Intermediate guitar players that already know some barre chords, and would like to dig deeper into the fretboard theory of barre chords